Saturday, September 16, 2006

Good for the Goose?

Before I begin, let me warn you, I was brought up Fundamental Baptist, almost went to bible college even. I am constantly amazed at the Wingnut's over-reaction to sound bites from Moonbats. The latest is Rosie O'Donnell's remark that extremist Christians are just as dangerous to America as Islamic extremist. Oh, the outrage at hotair.com, imao, etc. How soon they forget the assasination of physcians, the bombing of clinics, Waco, and on and on. There just happens to be fewer true believers of Christianity than there are of Islam. True believers of Christianity would live meager lives ("it is easier for a camel to pass through the eye of a needle than for a rich man to enter heaven", chapter and verse is an exercise for the student), preaching the word of God and donating 10% of their income to the church (Gross or net, depending upon how much you "love the Lord"). And of course, now the pope has entered the discussion, with his "all I did was read a quote, I never meant to inflame!" defense. Yes, of the millions of lines ever written, you happen to think the words of 14th-century Byzantine emperor Manuel II Paleologus who said: "Show me just what Mohammed brought that was new, and there you will find things only evil and inhuman, such as his command to spread by the sword the faith he preached" were most appropriate? Tell me again what you did during WW II, you fraud! It is only common sense that extremists of any stripe are dangerous. Just because most Christians are luke warm (forgetting "Because you are neither hot or cold, I spew you from my mouth", by the way) there are just fewer loony toonies out there on the Christian side. I say enough, a plague on ALL your houses!

No comments: